Four Apps for Better Instagram Photos

Happy Friday Glamistas! I hope you are having a glamorous day! This is my favorite day of the week. I take a lot of pictures over Friday and the two weekend days and post many of them on my Instagram account. So, I thought I would share some of my favorite apps I use to edit photos and make awesome collages. 
Let's not waste any time and get right to it!

1. A Beautiful Mess
ABM is a pretty versatile application. You can create collage pictures in different shapes. It will also allow you to add text to your images, crop your pictures (meaning you can "cut out" certain unwanted parts around an object in your photo)  It will also let you add colored backgrounds, add pretty borders and add doodles. It's a fun app that you can play with a lot.
When you are done creating and editing you image you can share it on IG, Facebook, Twitter, send it via email or add some printing options
.
2. PhotoToaster
Is the most elaborate of the photo editing tools on this list. It reminds me a little of Adobe Photo Shop. The application allows you to do some in depth editing. With PhotoToaster you can add different vignettes or FX settings. I like that you can add a border around your image which in IG is only possibly if you have picked a layer. Once you are happy with your edits you can save it to your photo library share it on different social networks, copy and add it your clipboard or send it via SMS to your family and friends.

3. Pic Collage
Pic Collage is, as the name says, an application that lets you easily create wonderful collage images. You can use photos from your library, use camera to take images right in the application or add photos from the web. The app even allows you to use video.
Similarly to ABM it lets you add text and stickers (some stickers are free, most of them cost money)
What I like about this app is that I can drag and drop pictures and create my own collage with the Layout that I want. Of course, you can change layout settings and use predetermined shapes.
4. Instagram
I think that Instagram's editing tools are often overshadowed by the popularity of the apps above or another app called vsco cam. While I like a lot of these application I think that IG has some great features that can easily transform picture from boring and dark to glam. 
How do you edit your images in IG? It's simple above the filters you will see a wrench on the right side if you select that you will be able to adjust brightness, contrast,highlights, saturation, and, and and! Once you have decided that the photo is edited to your liking, simply push the wrench again. Now you will be able to apply a filter and frame or just click next if you are satisfied with the look of your image. (you can see in the picture below that the wrench is highlighted in blue when in use. To get to the different editing options, simply swipe the bar back and forth)


With all these awesome applications, there is really no reason to share any bad shots. What application are you using to edit your photos before you share them on IG? Let me know in the comments section. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

P.S. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram at GlamistaHome!

Labels: , , , , ,